Social Stacking SEO For Brand Building And Authority Links
Filed in: Social Media Marketing
Social Stacking for SEO purposes is perhaps one of the most underused strategies to really build both your brand and link authority. As you can see in this post's header graphic, a social profile can have it's own Page Authority distinct from the Domain Authority of the site it sits on. That profile can be boosted with other links to strengthen it even further. Note how it only took a handful of links to push my About.me profile from PA0 to PA48.
Social Stacking SEO tactics are about fully leveraging the power of the links on high Domain Authority Profile Pages you already have or can build around the internet. Particularly valuable are one's that integrate easy connection to multiple Social Media accounts, and let you add some unique content and other profile links of your own. We've all registered at sites that let us do some of that, but here are a few that are exceptionally powerful when leveraged to their fullest:
Very simple and straightforward, Flavors offers an easy to setup Brand page with up to 5 links for free within minutes. Sure you could predictably link to your money site, Twitter, FaceBook, Google+, and LinkedIn or Pinterest. But what if you linked to Klout, About.me, Know'Em, or some other profiles instead?
1. Palette of 20 Social sites to choose from with a button click
2. Optional RSS feed
3. Logo / Avatar and Bio section
Building out a profile on About.me is great place to start. Here's some features of note:
1. RSS Feed support that displays your 3 Latest Posts on your profile page.
2. Social Account Buttons linking to your profile on some of the most popular social sites.
3. An Add Your Own links section providing opportunities to deep-link and control anchor text to anywhere you choose.
4. Find, Like and Engage with other About Me users for boosting profile traffic.
You can quickly build-out a responsive, multi-section summary page at Branded.Me in minutes with a rich, mobile-friendly template designed to highlight your skills, interests, projects, photos and more.
1.The Contact section offers easy to link buttons to other popular social sites.
2. The 'Projects' section makes it easy to create featured anchored links to 3 other Web 2.0 properties, your guest posts, or money sites.
3. Other page sections for free-form content entry.
Registering and locking-in social accounts for your Brand / Name should be done for more than just backlinks. It's also critical for Brand Protection and Reputation Management by claiming and establishing a large and consistent presence you can directly control. Sites like Know'Em help you do that. But in addition, your profile page there is very, very powerful.
Social Stacking Benefits Of Know'Em
1. You can add an anchored link to your money site.
2. Two of your most recent blog entries get featured links from your RSS feed.
3. A separate RSS feed linking to ALL your claimed profile URLS can also be submitted to feed directories.
4. Ability to directly download all your claimed profile URL's for further link building efforts.
A modest little Q&A answers site, TipDrop is a Social Stacking SEO powerhouse thanks to the TEN Do-Follow link boxes available on your profile page. Those 10 links can be carefully crafted to send link-juice to a diverse range of properties and profiles. Tip: Participating in a few answers or asking questions help fill out the profile page with content from your recent activity on the site.
1. Money Sites.
2. Web 2.0 Blogs / Posts.
3. Other Social Account Profiles.
4. Direct Affiliate Links!
Random Link Chaos - Stacking Done Well
This chart illustrates the net effect of Social Stacking SEO methods. It creates a very random and chaotic link graph of high-authority, yet very diverse backlinks. Contrast this with the footprint of spokes of a typical link-wheel or the ascending layers of a tiered link-pyramid.
Building Links To Increase Profile Page AuthorityMany people might build out some of these pages and seldom give them another thought. But what if you did even a bit of additional backlink building to these Profile properties? You'd help create and increase PAGE AUTHORITY to help your links on them become even more valuable.
The most powerful might be an OnlyWire submission that would include blog post links in addition to shares and bookmarking. Another step could be some social shares and bookmarks to send some keyword-relevant titles leveraging other peoples Web 2.0 accounts. The simplest way might just be running your social profile URLS through a Backlink Boosting Tool to get the page crawled and powered-up.
Above were just a few examples of some notable websites ideal for high-value social SEO stacking strategies - and recommended link building tools to supercharge them. If there's other Brand / Profile sites you're aware of that offer a lot of link types and opportunities - Kick off a direct message to MacSEOTips on Twitter and I'll explore it for inclusion in this evergreen blog post.